I turned solo in around 2000 after playing initially in a band at school and performing in school concerts. When I left school, the band evolved into a band which we called The Recluse.
I played rhythm guitar and sang in the band. We played a few gigs around North London and recorded a couple of demos.
When we split up I formed another band in my late teens, early twenties. We also did a few gigs and recorded together. When this band ran its course, I started to write the bulk of my songs. At the age of 30 in 2004, I recorded my first album "Early Songs".
Most of the songs on the album came from the songs I used to sing entertaining at small parties and gatherings in my teens.
The album was recorded live in the studio with just acoustic guitar and vocals by Pete Chapman at La Rocka Studios, North London.
From 2000 onwards I put myself about a bit on the acoustic circuit of London and gained valuable experience from being a regular at an acoustic club called Acoustic Trip which was run by a singer-songwriter called Ben Mitchell.
Ben's unique relaxed vibe helped me evolve my solo material and was a underground success.
In 2007 I recorded my second album not in London this time but in Cornwall. The second album is called "The Whole Thing" and again was recorded live in the studio with just guitar and vocals by Dare Mason at V.I.P studios, Penzance.
The third album "New Scenario" was also recorded in Cornwall with just guitar and vocals as well, by Dare Mason at V.I.P studios, Penzance.
I have now moved to Cornwall and play regularly at open mic nights, as well as performing as a duo with Ged Kingsford on djembe.
1. The Bull and Gate... Kentish Town
2. The White Horse... South End Green, Hampstead.
3. The King’s Head... Crouch End.
4. The Hobgoblin... Brixton.
5. The Spice of Life... West End.
6. The 12 Bar Club... West End.
7. The Acoustic Cafe... West End.
8. The Poetry Cafe... West End.
9. The Enterprise... Camden Town.
10. The Lock Tavern... Camden Town.
11. The Hope and Anchor... Islington.
12. Upstairs at The Garage... Highbury and Islington.
13. The Edinburgh Castle... Camden.
14. Radha Drama School.
15. The Lark in the Park... Angel.
16. Moriatys... Angel.
17. The Fuisilier and Firkin... Camden.
18. The Red Eye... Islington.
19. Monkey Chews... Chalk Farm.
20. The Boogaloo... Highgate.
21. The Spot... Covent Garden.
22. The Trubadour... Earls Court.
24. Pizza Express... Earls Court.
Since I’ve been in Cornwall... I’ve played at...
The Crown Sessions... Penzance.
The Bugle Inn.
The Swordfish... Newlyn.
The Oystercatcher ... Polzeath.
The Farmer’s Arms... Penzance.
The Front Room... Penzance.
The Alexandra... Penzance.
The Galowan Festival... Penzance.
The Acorn Theatre... Penzance.
The Studio Bar... Penzance.
25. The Trafalgar Hilton... Trafalgar Square
26. The Water Rats... King’s Cross.
27. The 291 Gallery... Hackney.
28. The Muswell Hill Festival... Muswell Hill.
29. The Crouch End Festival... Crouch End.
30. The Kashmir Club... Marylebone.
32. Viva Viva... Hornsey.
33. The Great Northern Railway... Hornsey.
34. The Weavers... Stoke Newington.
35. The Verge... Kentish Town.
36. The Raj Tearoom... Highgate.
37. The Sugar Bowl... Stroud Green.
38. The Tap and Spile... Stroud Green.
39. The Paradise Bar... Kensal Green.
40. Bungies... West End.
41. The Victoria Stakes... Hornsey.
42. The Laurel Tree... Camden.
43. The Arts Factory... Holloway.
44. The Arts Centre... Woolwich.
45. The Occasional Half... Wood Green.
46. The Bernie Grant Centre... Tottenham.
All my albums are available to download on this site.
All songs are originals written by me.